Cleaning with a floor buffer allows you to remove scuffs, dirt and even scratches from your flooring.
If you are interested in cleaning a large flooring space, you can hire a scrubber dryer here and our dedicated, friendly team of professionals will be more than happy to help you find the ideal cleaning solution for your needs.
There are several benefits to using a floor buffer. First and foremost, you can clean large areas of flooring very quickly. Second, you will minimise soil penetration and floor discolouration. This means that you will not have to strip your flooring nearly as often which means that hiring a scrubber dryer is actually going to save you money in the long run.
To properly clean a floor you are going to need the following:
- Wet floor signs to avoid accidents.
- Low-speed floor buffers.
- Either a floor scrubbing brush or floor scrubbing pads.
- Wet mops, handles buckets and wringers.
- Neutral cleaning chemicals.
Then, cleaning your floor is simply a matter of the following steps:
- Gather all of the required supplies and appropriate safety equipment in the cleaning area.
- Dust mop the floor in order to prepare it for cleaning.
- Position the “wet floor” signs around the area that will be cleaned.
- Fill your mop bucket with water and either floor cleaning soap or degreaser as required. The soap will provide instructions on the required volume of water needed for the area of flooring.
- Apply the soap solution across a 10′ by 10′ area of the floor.
- Scrub this area with your low-speed floor buffer as well as a cleaning pad or a brush. In order to ensure the area has been cleaned thoroughly, it is recommended that you make two passes with your machine. However, should the area fry out before the second area is complete, you will need to reapply the cleaning solution.
- Use a mop or a wet vacuum to remove the dirty solution from the floor before it dries.
- Once the dirty water has been removed, rinse the area with clean water using a mop.
- Repeat these instructions for the next 10′ by 10′ area as often as required to clean the designated flooring area.
- Finish the job by cleaning all for the used equipment and returning it to the designated storage area.